Sometimes people ask me to tell them a bit about myself and I’m not always so eloquent when it comes to said subject matter. Consider this your primer to Stephen Tang.
- I love cats and dogs (and birds and more). My dog is a mini-poodle mix and a rescue named Odie.
- I’ve successfully driven across the US of A. I’ll enthusiastically climb mountains and cross rivers to make photos for you.
- You’ll win my heart over very quickly with burgers, pizza, and donuts. Homer Simpson lives inside of me.
- Speaking of which, I produced the winning submission for a Simpsons contest once. the video aired on TV and there’s a picture of me and Matt Groening somewhere.
- Going beyond the call duty, I usually find myself responsible for tying bow ties (no clip-ons please) and pinning on the boutonnieres at weddings. Jack of all trades?
- I slightly prefer Stephen over Steve and have also been called Tang on numerous occasions.
- People often point out that my humor is very dry.
While some photographers emphasize their gear or trendy post-processing, I take pride in subject-photographer interaction – the relation I build with clients, picking up on nuances in pose and expression while we shoot, anticipating the viewers’ response – because ultimately, that’s how photographs that matter to us are created.
I’m a native New Yorker currently serving the West Coast, East Coast (and beyond). Drop me a line!